for Goat Hall Productions' Fresh Voices XVII
Feet First into the Fire!
(Performances August 5, 12, 19, & 27)
Harriet March Page, email@example.com
2. Materials we'd like to receive from applicants:
Resume and head shot. Email to Harriet or bring with you to audition.
3. Productions we are casting:
Goat Hall Productions’ Fresh Voices XVII Festival of New Works: 2017: Feet First into the Fire, a classical cabaret celebrating poetry, politics, and the human experience….from puberty to pleasure to past our prime!
- Allan Crossman’s “And Now….the Humans” - (all voices/genders) - humorous, energetic
- Robert Denham’s “The Way Home” – (duet, two sopranos) – mature daughter/older mother
- Dickie Schoggen’s “Aging Grace” (4 songs - tango, blues, ballad, swing; any voice/gender/age) - embracing growing older (and having more fun)!
- Helena Michelson’s “The Mysteries” – (trio, soprano 1, soprano 2, alto) – spiritual poem
- John Bilotta’s “The League of Minor Characters” (a cabaret cycle for soprano)
- Frank Johnson’s “Defiled is My Name” - (soprano) – poem by Queen Anne Boleyn, on death
- Allan Crossman’s “Veganlied“ – (any voice/gender) – seriocomic
- Doug Brandt’s “Our Little Secret” – (four theatre songs) - 3 young women trying to survive the trauma of growing up – seriocomic
- Mark Alburger/Harriet March Page’s “Cats, Dogs & Divas” - (any voice/gender) a few songs celebrating womanhood, motherhood, and men! – seriocomic
- Mark Alburger’s “2017” – a short media satire in 30-second sound bites
TOTAL SHOW 90 MINUTES
5. Stipend for singers
$200 per singer.
6. Audition dates/locations
Auditions will be held:
Saturday, June 24, 2017, 11 am – 5 pm
Diablo Valley College, Music Building, Room 101, Pleasant Hill, CA
We are looking for local (Bay Area) male and female singers of all voice categories (classical, musical theatre/cabaret, choral), any age from 18 to senior, any ethnicity or gender.
7. Audition requirements
Anything you'd like to share (repertoire, etc.). For the classical songs, two contrasting pieces, e.g., an aria in any language and an art song in English. For the theatre/cabaret songs, 2 songs in English, any style, one upbeat, one slow. There are no restrictions on who is eligible to apply and a pianist will be provided at the auditions. Please bring piano vocal music for the pianist.
8. Production/rehearsal dates
o Rehearsals: Saturdays, July 1 through July 29, 11 am – 5 pm (individual times TBD).
Final/Dress & Brushup Rehearsals: Thursdays, August 3 and 10 (7-10 pm).
July rehearsals will be at Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill.
August rehearsals will be at Bay Area Stage in Vallejo.
7:30 pm Saturdays, August 5, 12, Bay Area Stage, Vallejo, CA
7:30 pm Saturday, August 19, St. Alban’s Church, Albany (near Berkeley), CA
4:00 pm Sunday, August 27, Community Music Center, San Francisco, CA.
Ticket Prices: $20 Students & Seniors; $25 General Admission, $30 Cabaret Table Seat
IF YOU HAVE WORKED WITH US BEFORE AND WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SHOW, YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME TO THE AUDITIONS TO PREVIEW THE MUSIC WITHOUT AUDITIONING (UNLESS YOU WANT TO)!
EMAIL HARRIET MARCH PAGE AT firstname.lastname@example.org
THERE WILL BE CABARET SEATING AVAILABLE FOR ALL PERFORMANCES